Senate Bill 425 And House Bill 3276
NOTICE OF FEES – River Oaks Emergency Center , are in compliance with Senate Bill 425, effective January 1, 2016, and modified by House Bill 3276, effective September 1, 2017, please notice the following:
(1) Every River Oaks Emergency Center (Village, Katy, Clear Creek Emergency Room) is a freestanding medical care facility;
(2) Our rates are comparable to a hospital emergency room and we may charge a facility fee;
(3) Our physicians may or may not be a participating provider in your health plan provider network; you may need to check with your healthcare benefit provider;
(4) Our facility is not a participating provider in any health benefit plan provider network. However, by state law your health insurance company is required to process your emergency visit at in network benefit levels;
(5) Your physician providing medical care today may bill separately from the facility for the medical care provided to you.